Methodology | Standardisation
Nearly all companies want to get better, and one way of getting better is to raise the maturity of their business processes.
What are the benefits?
- Less complexity means fewer problems.
- Helps streamline with team handovers.
- A good process is self explaining and aids learning.
- Captures and shares knowledge from key individuals.
- Information is always up to date.
- Information is delivered to the right person at the right time.
- Makes for a better working environment and enhances the company’s image.
So why don’t more companies do it?
Because change or transformation is difficult. It requires the business to focus on raising its maturity with:
- Ad hoc Processes
- Local Processes
- Standard Processes
- Standard Non-conformance Process
- Continuous Improvement
This requires the business to focus on the goal, to work as a team, and to stop repeating the same patterns that haven’t worked in the past.
Companies interested in standardised processes can explore how to achieve transformation. With repeatable and improvable processes, they can ensure every area of the business is operating at peak efficiency, reviewing its output and enhancing the processes that lead to that output.